Cory S. Rink began his law enforcement career as Chief of Police for the Covington Police Department. He then became a full-time patrol deputy and investigator with Garfield County Sheriff’s Office. In January 2016, Cory returned to Covington to once again serve as police chief. Then, in May 2017, Cory started his current position as a deputy with Noble County Sheriff’s Office under Sheriff Charlie Hanger.
Cory is the only candidate to hold the C.L.E.E.T. advanced law enforcement certification. This certification requires at least 9 years of full-time service and at least 92 training points. These training points are earned during professional training workshops and academies. To earn this certification, Cory has completed over 1500 hours of training courses. Cory has also completed over 1500 hours of fire and medical training, including Fire Chief certification. The Police Chief and Fire Chief certifications include training in budgets, personnel management, as well as law review.
Throughout his law enforcement career, Cory has been a leader with a strong work ethic. Below, Cory shares some of his professional, law enforcement experience:
- Advanced C.L.E.E.T certification*
- C.L.E.E.T. Certified Defensive Tactics Instructor*
- C.L.E.E.T. Adjunct Instructor*
- C.L.E.E.T. Certified Line Safety Officer*
- State of Oklahoma Certified Police Chief*
- Certified Code Enforcement Officer*
- Investigating cases pertaining to fraud, larceny, homicide, drugs, child abuse, child death, vandalism, burglaries, and robberies
- Examining records, questioning suspects, conducting interviews and surveillance
- Determining the most effective way to conduct the required investigations
- Locating and interviewing suspects and others who may have knowledge of a case, such as relatives, neighbors, landlords, etc.
- Secure and preserve written statements from witnesses and other parties
- Preparing evidence for District Attorney’s Office and testifying in court
- Maintaining security and organization of all evidence with the evidence room
- Ensure inmates are transported to court and other facilities in a timely manner
- Spokesperson for radio, television, and newspaper interviews
- Prepare written reports and correspondence
- Enter warrant information into computer system
- Prepare and serve search warrants
*Cory S. Rink is the only candidate to hold these certifications/positions